Wit Beyond Measure

Posted in Style
on April 9, 2019

Dressing for your Hogwarts House doesn’t have to mean theming or uniforms. That can be fun too, but if you don’t have the budget for an entire Wizarding Wardrobe, there are plenty of ways to incorporate everyday pieces into your house style.

Look for pieces that reflect your house colors, but can also be incorporated into your everyday wardrobe. Then you can add less expensive themed accessories to personalize your outfit.

Since the new year I been trying to live by the concept of “Practical Minimalism”, which basically means not surrounding yourself with lots of “stuff” that’s unneccesary. For me it’s not about never buying anything unneccesary, but making sure the things I do own do double duty. I try to keep 70% of my wardrobe purchases to things that are super versatile and can be worn for both work and weekend. The remaining 30% can be specific stuff, meaning themed accessories, cute party dresses, or super casual outfits.

I saw this cute cotton dress from Anthropologie and it gave me all the Ravenclaw vibes! I added a Hedwig plush backpack I got on clearance at BoxLunch last year and my favorite Alex & Ani Harry Potter stack (birthday gifts from friends!) and I’m ready to hop on board the Hogwarts Express.

Dress: Anthropologie (sold out online but I saw a few on the sale rack in store last week!) Here’s a similar option.

Bag: Danielle Nicole

Lumos & Always Bracelets: Alex & Ani Harry Potter Collection

Star Bracelet: Alex & Ani

Liquid Luck Pin: Magical Thunder Press (their shop is closed at the time I’m writing this but check back on April 26th when they re-open!)

I’m working on a few style roundups for the other three Hogwarts houses to share in a future post; stay tuned!

xoxo,

Cathy

Shop the post!

Leave a Reply